EthisCrowd.com is the world’s first Real Estate Islamic Crowdfunding Platform. Our community of 27,000 ethical and Islamic crowd-investors and donors from 25 countries provide funding for Social Housing development projects in Emerging Indonesia.
Ethis is a Singapore-based company that seeks to bridge gaps between the financial systems and the real economy in an ethical & Shari’ah-compliant manner.
We form a network of private investors from the community, called EthisCrowd, to collectively fund and invest in entrepreneurial, business, trade and Real Estate activities in Southeast Asia. This ensures a continuous flow of money from the cash-rich to those in need of financial backing.
We structure every funding and investment opportunity to ensure that it meets our criteria from the Legal, Technical, Commercial and Ethical perspectives.
We go deep into the business itself to understand it first, and have intensive discussions with the owners, entrepreneurs and their team to ensure their capability and credibility. We then recommend potential areas of improvement and assist them in developing a concrete business plan before offering it to EthisCrowd.
Each individual or team we fund becomes part of Ethis, and we continually channel resources and support to ensure their continued success.
The core objective of Ethis is to give our members opportunities to channel idle funds to the real economy - creating employment and driving innovation. A good return of investment is never guaranteed, but we carefully select investment opportunities to achieve projected returns that tend to outperform the capital markets.
We are an investment crowdfunding platform that matches small and large investors as well as institutions directly to property development projects in exciting markets.
- Project developer appoints Ethis Pte Ltd (Singapore) as the crowdfunding agent
- Investors appoint PT Ethis as the wakeel (agent) through a Wakalah Letter to execute the Istisna’ contract with the developer for a specified number of housing units
- Investors sign an Istisna’ investment facility letter appointing PT Ethis as the agent to execute the contract on the investors’ behalf
- PT Ethis enters into an Istisna’ contract with the project developer to fund the construction of the specified number of housing units. The agreement is governed by Indonesian law allowing PT Ethis to take legal action in cases of any misconduct by the project developer
- Investors transfer their investments into PT Ethis’s Singapore-dollar denominated bank account in Indonesia
- Payments will be made to the project developer based on the milestones of the construction
- Project developer constructs the agreed housing units
- Upon the initiation of the construction, the project developer transfers the conditional ownership of the housing units to PT Ethis through sale certificates (PPJB). Upon the completion of construction, PT Ethis disburses the remaining sale price to the developer and the Istisna’ contract is concluded.
With the completion of the Istisna’ arrangement between PT Ethis and the project developer, the next step will be to sell the finished housing units to the end-buyers. This is done through a Murabahah contract.
Our community of 25,000 ethical and Islamic crowd-investors and donors from 65 countries provide funding for Social Housing development projects in Emerging Indonesia.
Every home we build helps a family break out of poverty.
We are headquartered in Singapore, with branches and representative offices in Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur and South Africa.
World’s Preeminent Islamic Crowdfunding & Fintech Provider