This is our very first Denzity Lens episode, and we are excited for what’s in store. We invited our trusted marketing agency 4HK to celebrate with us and also give you some strong ideas on digital marketing, specifically for application in the real estate sector. 4HK is a boutique advertising agency setting out to provide a performance-based solution for brands. Beside offering marketing solutions to the startups and SMEs, they host workshops to teach entrepreneurs & founders on how to grow their businesses. The founders Patrick and Andrew are also co-founders of LimeHk, a Hong Kong-based acceleration program focusing on early-stage ventures.
With this much experience in both digital marketing and startups, we covered many topics during our interview, such as the struggle of real estate companies transitioning to digital, marketing funnels, digital marketing KPIs, and how you should do video marketing. We hope you will have a better idea of how digital marketing works after this episode and be able to take your business to the next level.
Our Thoughts of this episode:
We are happy with the tips and insights the 4HK team has shared. On behalf of the Denzity Team, thanks so much for being our very first guests of the show. Your dedication speaks strongly to the team’s passion to help pull the startup community together. Digital marketing is a vast topic. The 4HK team has done a great job to give people some ideas on the “why”, “what”, and “how” of this big field. Some topics certainly could have been more addressed in-depth, such as the importance of understanding the marketing funnel, and more examples to illustrate what can go wrong in digital marketing. And, of course, more on digital marketing KPIs. I feel we can chat more on those topics the next time we have another Denzity Lens Interview. We plan to break the full interview into multiple episodes and post them once a week. We will also share our thoughts on each segment to give you some guidance. Feel free to reach out to the 4HK team to chat up as well.
這是我們Denzity Lens的第一集，我們非常激動去了解更多他們分享的內容。我們邀請了我們最信任的線上行銷仲介4HK來跟我們一起慶祝並且給予你們一些在線上行銷的一些強烈想法，特別是房地產領域的觀眾。4HK 是個時尚行銷仲介專門為品牌達到更高收益的建議。除了給予一些行銷建議去初創公司以及中小型公司，他們幫助以及教導創業者如何開創更多市場。4HK的開創者 Patrick 和Andrew也是LimeHK的創始人，一個以香港市場為基礎的風險投資機構。
▶ About the guest:
Andrew and Patrick co-founded the boutique advertising agency (4HK). The agency set out to provide a performance-based solution for brands. They advocate transformational marketing technologies and are involved in the Startups/SME sector, hosting many workshops/seminars for like-minded entrepreneurs & founders to help them grow their businesses.
They also co-founded LimeHK, a Hong Kong-based acceleration program focused on early-stage Startups/Ventures and offers mentorship, strategic partnerships & investments.
▶ Connect with the guest
- Website: https://www.4hk.com.hk/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/4hk
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/4hk.ltd
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/4hk_ltd
- Email: [email protected]
▶ Source & Supporting:
- Performance marketing: It is a form of digital marketing where purchasers pay their hired marketing agencies or firms only if a specific target is met, such as a certain audience reach or sales. https://thepma.org/our-work/the-performance-marketing-industry/#:~:text=is%20Performance%20Marketing%3F-,Performance%20Marketing%20is%20a%20comprehensive%20term%20that%20refers%20to%20online,a%20sale%2C%20lead%20or%20click.
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM): This sort of paid advertisements promote the purchasers’ websites through generating more views or clicks by making the website or page more visible in search engine results. https://www.wordstream.com/search-engine-marketing
- Cost Per Click: Cost per click or CPC is the charge that the publisher imposes on the advertiser each time the ad gets a click by any user. https://sproutsocial.com/insights/facebook-advertising-cost/
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Search Engine Optimization, better known as SEO is a widely known term in the world of digital marketing. It is a way through which websites engage more traffic to their sites with the help of search engines. https://moz.com/learn/seo/what-is-seo
- Search engine crawler: Search engines may have one to multiple crawlers or bots depending on their popularity. Crawlers travel from pages to pages or links to links to store data regarding the website which is then utilized in the algorithm of the search results. https://www.webfx.com/blog/internet/what-is-a-web-crawler/
- Organic ranking: Unlike paid search, organic search cannot be influenced by paid advertisements. It is the actual ranking of the search results that are generated through actual website clicks. https://en.ryte.com/wiki/Organic_Search
- Bidding keywords: It is a part of paid online advertising where advertisers bid on a certain keyword in order to secure the position of their paid ad where it’s more visible. It is also known as PPC bid. https://www.bigcommerce.com/ecommerce-answers/ppc-keyword-bids/#:~:text=Definition%3A%20A%20PPC%20bid%20(or,terms%20relative%20to%20their%20business.
- Baidu: Baidu is a Chinese search engine operated by Baidu, Inc, which is a multinational technology company. https://www.forbes.com/companies/baidu/
- ICP China License: ICP or internet content provider license is required to operate any website in China. It is a certification that is issued by the Chinese Ministry of Industry and IT. https://www.quantil.com/content-delivery-insights/icp-certification-china/
- Metadata: In simple words, metadata is data or elaborated information regarding data. The term is often defined as “data about data”. https://www.lifewire.com/metadata-definition-and-examples-1019177
- LinkedIn: LinkedIn is a social platform through which job seekers and employers can interact professionally. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LinkedIn
- Marketing Funnel: Marketing funnel includes five stages(awareness, consideration, conversion, loyalty and advocacy) that describe a customer’s whole journey from the very beginning, which the sellers can utilize to improve the customers’ issues and allow them to move down the funnel. https://www.rialtomarketing.com/everything-need-know-marketing-funnels/#:~:text=A%20marketing%20funnel%20simplifies%20the,move%20prospects%20down%20the%20funnel.
- Key Performance Index (KPI): Through KPI, companies can easily keep track of the progress they are making at reaching their targeted goals. It focuses on their main target by prioritizing it while making any decisions. https://www.klipfolio.com/resources/articles/what-is-a-key-performance-indicator
- Call to action: CTA is basically the commands delivered by websites. For example, a website asking visitors to sign up or click on a number or email for further info. https://www.optimizely.com/optimization-glossary/call-to-action/
- Bounce rate: This term is used in internet marketing in order to analyze the percentage of visitors who do not tend to continue viewing the website and leave instead. https://yoast.com/understanding-bounce-rate-google-analytics/
- PropTech Institute: “PropTech Institute is an independent, non-profit association representing Asia’s PropTech community.” https://www.proptechinstitute.org/
- LimeHK: “LimeHK is a Hong Kong-based acceleration consultant which helps early startups survive and succeed.” https://www.limehk.co/
This disclaimer informs readers/audience that the views, thoughts, and opinions expressed in the text/video belong solely to the author & participant, and not necessarily to the participant’s employer, organization, committee or other group or individual.
As it can be difficult to catch some minor errors, transcripts may contain a few typos or inaccuracies.
This might be painfully obvious – Please note the following legal conditions:
Denzity owns the copyright in and to all content in and transcripts of Denzity’s video programs and publications (collectively referred to as “Denzity Materials”, with all rights reserved and its right of publicity.
You are welcome to share the below transcript (up to 500 words but not more) in media articles (e.g., The South China Morning Post, Bloomberg, New York Times), on your website, in a non-commercial article or blog post (e.g., Medium and WordPress), and/or on a personal social media account for non-commercial purposes, provided that you include attribution to “Denzity” and link back to the denzity.io/blog URL. For the sake of clarity, media outlets with advertising models are permitted to use excerpts from the transcript per the above.
No one is authorized to copy any portion of the Denzity Materials or use Denzity’s name, image or likeness for any commercial purpose or use, including without limitation inclusion in any books, e-books, book summaries or synopses, or on a commercial website or social media site (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) that offers or promotes your or another’s products or services.